Arianna Huffington – Coaching Quotes and Tips
Arianna Huffington – Coaching Quotes and Tips – Contents
- Career Advice Quotes by Arianna Huffington
- Business Advice Quotes by Arianna Huffington
- Leadership and Management Advice Quotes by Arianna Huffington
- Arianna Huffington Biography
- Interesting Facts and Insights about Arianna Huffington
- Arianna Huffington Inspirational Quotes
- Books by Arianna Huffington
- Common Questions about Arianna Huffington
- Videos about Arianna Huffington
- Arianna Huffington Quotes
Career Advice Quotes by Arianna Huffington
“Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.”
“Life is a dance between making it happen and letting it happen.”
“I think while all mothers deal with feelings of guilt, working mothers are plagued by guilt on steroids!”
“You have to do what you dream of doing even while you’re afraid.”
“Are we living our dream, or are we living somebody else’s dream?”
“Our current obsession with creativity is the result of our continued striving for immortality in an era when most people no longer believe in an after-life.”
“There’s no love more intense than the love we have for our kids – and where there is intense love, there is also intense fear lurking beneath the surface.”
“There is nothing like becoming a mom to fill you with fear.”
“I find that I am much more creative when I’ve actually taken care of myself.”
“I think especially as women we need to recognize that feeling pressure is completely self-imposed.”
“Don’t buy society’s definition of success because it’s not working for anyone.”
“Sleep deprivation is the new smoking.”
“I see some people stay in one place because it’s convenient or it’s comfortable. But they’re missing out on their passion,”
Business Advice Quotes by Arianna Huffington
“We think mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of the time we put in at work, instead of the quality of the time we put in.”
“We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions sometimes and that we’ll screw up royally sometimes.”
“Vision without execution is hallucination.”
“The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become fearless is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly – indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.”
“Ninety-nine percent of the time it’s not urgent and to create a culture where you are constantly plugged in and expected to be always-on is to create a culture of burnout.”
Leadership Advice Quotes by Arianna Huffington
“Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success.”
“Take risks. Failure is a stepping stone to success.”
“Ours is a generation bloated with information and starved for wisdom.”
“Disconnecting from our technology to reconnect with ourselves is absolutely essential for wisdom.”
“Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It’s the mastery of fear. It’s about getting up one more time than we fall down.”
“We may not be able to witness our own eulogy, but we’re actually writing it all the time, every day.”
“To live the lives we truly want and deserve, and not just the lives we settle for, we need a third measure of success that goes beyond money and power, and consists of four pillars: well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving.”
“I wish I could go back and tell myself that not only is there no trade-off between living a well-rounded life and high performance is actually improved when our lives include time for renewal, wisdom, wonder, and giving. That would have saved me a lot of unnecessary stress, burnout, and exhaustion.”
“Success is commonly defined as money and power, but increasingly that’s not enough. It’s almost like a two-legged stool where you fall over if that’s all you measure your life by.”
“My ritual is to turn off all my devices 30 minutes before I’m going to go to sleep and charge them outside my room.”
Arianna Huffington Biography
Arianna Huffington (born 1950) is a Greek-American author, columnist, and businesswoman. She is the founder of The Huffington Post, the founder, and CEO of Thrive Global, and the author of fifteen books. She serves on numerous boards.
Huffington launched The Huffington Post, a news and blog site in 2005. She launched Thrive Global, a corporate and consumer well-being and productivity platform, in 2016. She has been named to Time Magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Forbes Most Powerful Women list.
Interesting Facts and Insights about Arianna Huffington
- Greek: Arianna Stassinopoulos was born in Athens, Greece into a family of four.
- England: Originally from Greece, she moved to England when she was 16.
- English: When she moved to England from Athens, Greece, she barely spoke English
- Debating: At 21, she became president of the debating society, the Cambridge Union.
- Graduate: Graduated from Girton College, Cambridge, where she earned a B.A. in economics.
- First Book: She wrote her first book, “The Female Woman,” at age 22. The book advocated for female emancipation, equal rights, and equal opportunity.
- Rejection: Her second book was once rejected 37 times for a book on political leadership. By rejection 25 she ran out of money. But she got a loan, and on attempt 38, a publisher accepted the book.
- Marriage: She met oil millionaire Michael Huffington, at a 1985 party in San Francisco. They married one year later. In 1997, the couple divorced after 11 years of marriage. In 1998 Michael Huffington revealed that he was bisexual.
- Governor: In 2003 she campaigned for Governor of California.
- Website: Huffington first hosted a website called Ariannaonline.com, which now redirects to The Huffington Post.
- Huffington Post: In 2005, she became the co-founder of The Huffington Post, one of the biggest news websites on the Internet with over 3,000 contributing bloggers.
- Wakeup Call: Huffington collapsed from exhaustion in 2007. She has since made a good night’s rest a top priority.
- Books: Her two recent books, Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder and The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night At A Time, both became instant international bestsellers.
- Sleep: She can ‘sleep anywhere’ and gets eight hours of sleep a night, most of the time.
- Sleep Habits: Arianna Huffington takes a candlelit, Epsom salt bath every night to ‘slow down her brain’ and prepare for a good night’s rest.
Share this Information to increase Your Influence
Share this page with your network to increase your Influence. Then explore the additional Coaching Information from some of the world’s top experts. Click the links below:
Books by Arianna Huffington
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington, 2014
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time, by Arianna Huffington, 2016
- Third World America: How Our Politicians Are Abandoning the Middle and Betraying the American Dream, by Arianna Huffington, 2010
- How to Overthrow the Government, by Arianna Huffington, 2000
- On Becoming Fearless…in Love, Work, and Life, by Arianna Huffington, 2006
- Fanatics & Fools: How Politicians are Betraying the American People, by Arianna Huffington, 2004
- Pigs at the Trough: How Corporate Greed and Political Corruption Are Undermining America, by Arianna Huffington, 2003
- Right Is Wrong: How the Lunatic Fringe Hijacked America, Shredded the Constitution, and Made Us All Less Safe, by Arianna Huffington, 2008
- Greetings from the Lincoln Bedroom, by Arianna Huffington, 1998
- Fourth Instinct: The Call of the Soul, by Arianna Huffington, 1994
- The Gods of Greece, by Arianna Huffington and Françoise Gilot, 1983
- Picasso, by Arianna Huffington, 1988
- Maria Callas: The Woman Behind the Legend, by Arianna Huffington, 1980
- The Female Woman, by Arianna Huffington, 1973
Mini MBA of the Big Ideas that have shaped Careers, Leadership, and Business.
“Strategies for Influence” explores and shares a Mini-MBA of Big Ideas from the Leaders of Influence that can help you with your Career, Business, and Leadership. Click on any of the links below for a Min-MBA on the Big Ideas that have influenced our work and culture.
Common Questions about Arianna Huffington?
- Is Arianna Huffington still CEO of The Huffington Post?
- No. Following the site’s acquisition by Verizon, in 2016, Arianna Huffington stepped down from her longtime role as editor-in-chief to pursue other ventures.
- What nationality is Arianna Huffington?
- Arianna Huffington’s nationality is American and Greek. Arianna became a naturalized American citizen in 1990.
- Is Arianna Huffington married?
- Arianna Huffington was married to Michael Huffington between 1986–1997
- Is HuffPost the same as Huffington Post?
- HuffPost was formerly The Huffington Post is an American news and opinion website and blog, with localized and international editions.
- What was Arianna Huffington Education?
- Arianna Huffington graduated from Girton College, Cambridge, where she earned a B.A. in economics.
- Is Arianna Huffington on LinkedIn?
- Yes her account is https://www.linkedin.com/in/ariannahuffington/ , she has 8.6 million followers
- Is Arianna Huffington on Twitter?
- Yes her account is @ariannahuff she has 3 million followers
- Is Arianna Huffington on Facebook?
- Yes her account is @AriannaHuffington she has 1.3 million followers
- Does Arianna Huffington have a family?
- Arianna Huffington has two daughters, Isabella and Christina.
- Is Arianna Huffington a Republican?
- Arianna Huffington was a Republican Party member until 2003 since then she has been a Democratic Party supporter.
Videos about Arianna Huffington
Arianna Huffington: “Thrive” – Talks at Google
Arianna Huffington: ON How To Be More Productive – ON Purpose Podcast
Image Credit:JD Lasica from Pleasanton, CA, US [CC BY 2.0]