Seth Godin – Coaching Quotes and Tips
Seth Godin – Coaching Quotes and Tips – Summary
- Seth Godin Biography
- Seth Godin’s Big Idea: Permission Marketing
- Interesting Facts and Insights about Seth Godin
- Career Advice Quotes by Seth Godin
- Business Advice Quotes by Seth Godin
- Leadership and Management Quotes by Seth Godin
- Seth Godin Inspirational Quotes
- Books by Seth Godin
- Common Questions about Seth Godin
- Videos about Seth Godin
Seth Godin Biography
Seth Godin is an author and former dot com business executive. Godin launched ‘Yoyodyne’ in 1995, to promote companies to their target audiences, using innovative marketing. ‘Yoyodyne’ was sold to Yahoo! for $30 million, which made Godin rich and famous.
Godin is the author of over 18 books, translated into 35 languages. His blog was named by Time among its 25 best blogs of 2009.
Seth Godin’s Big Idea: Permission Marketing
Permission Marketing is a concept introduced by Seth Godin in his 1999 book with the same name. Permission marketing is a non-traditional marketing technique that advertises goods and services when advance consent is given.
According to Godin, traditional “interruption marketing” has become less effective in the modern world, where consumers are overloaded with information. Permission Marketing is based on the following elements:
- Anticipated: Consumers should anticipate the service/product information from the company.
- Personal: Marketing information explicitly relates to the customer in a personal way.
- Relevant: The marketing information is relevant and of interest to the consumer.
Permission Marketing enables consumers to choose whether or not to be subjected to marketing.
Interesting Facts and Insights about Seth Godin
- Born: Seth Godin was born in 1960 in New York.
- University: Seth Godin went to Tufts University to receive a degree in Computer Science and Philosophy in 1979.
- First Job: Seth Godin’s first job was as a brand manager at Spinnaker Software.
- MBA: Seth Godin completed his MBA degree from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Seth Godin Productions: In 1986, Godin started his own company called Seth Godin Productions.
- Yoyodyne: Godin launched ‘Yoyodyne’ in 1995, to promote companies to their target audiences, using innovative marketing.
- Yahoo: In 1998, Godin sold ‘Yoyodyne’ to ‘Yahoo!’ for $30 million.
- E-book: In 2000, Godin authored the e-book called ‘Unleashing the Ideavirus’. Godin has claimed that it was the most downloaded book of all time.
- Squidoo.com: Godin launched ‘Squidoo.com’ in 2006, a community website. It allowed users to create pages for subjects of interest.
- Kickstarter: In 2013, Godin raised over $250,000 with a Kickstarter campaign, which secured him a book contract with his publisher for his book “The Icarus Deception.”
- Author: Seth Godin has written around 17 books.
- Best Sellers: Godin has 18 bestselling books, translated into 35 languages.
- Blog: Godin Blog has 7000 blog posts.
- Podcast: Seth Godin’s podcast started in. 2018 and is named Akimbo.
- Family: Godin is married Helene, and the couple has two sons.
- altMBA: The altMBA is an intensive, 4-week online workshop designed by Seth Godin.
- Home: Godin and his wife live in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York.
- Nationality: Seth Godin is an American citizen.
Career Advice Quotes by Seth Godin
“Soon is not as good as now.”
“Dig your well before you’re thirsty.”
“’Good enough’ stopped being good enough a long time ago. so why not be great?”
“Be genuine. Be remarkable. Be worth connecting with.”
“Playing safe is very risky.”
“Don’t try to make a product for everybody, because that is a product for nobody.”
“The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing.”
“There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.”
“The job is what you do when you are told what to do. Your art is what you do when no one can tell you exactly how to do it.”
“If you need to conceal your true nature to get in the door, understand that you’ll probably have to conceal your true nature to keep that job.”
“Fitting in is a short-term strategy that gets you nowhere. Standing out is a long-term strategy that takes guts.”
“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.”
Business Advice Quotes by Seth Godin
“Change is not a threat, it’s an opportunity. Survival is not the goal, transformative success is.”
“Marketing is a contest for people’s attention.”
“The job isn’t to catch up to the status quo; the job is to invent the status quo.”
“Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.”
“Don’t try to make a product for everybody, because that is a product for nobody.”
“Permission marketing turns strangers into friends and friends into loyal customers. It’s not just about entertainment – it’s about education.”
“I define anxiety as experiencing failure in advance.”
“Marketing that works is marketing that people choose to notice.”
“Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.”
“You don’t need more time in your day. You need to decide.”
“The internet was supposed to homogenize everyone by connecting us all. Instead what it’s allowed is silos of interest.”
“The secret to being wrong isn’t to avoid being wrong! The secret is being willing to be wrong. The secret is realizing that wrong isn’t fatal.”
“If you use your money to create exceptional products and services, you won’t need to spend it on advertising.”
Leadership and Management Advice Quotes by Seth Godin
“People will go where they can grow.”
“If your audience isn’t listening, it’s not their fault. It’s yours.”
“Either you’re going to tell stories that spread, or you will become irrelevant.”
“It’s clearly more fun to make the rules than to follow them.”
“I learned that a long walk and calm conversation are an incredible combination if you want to build a bridge.”
“Change isn’t made by asking permission. Change is made by asking forgiveness, later.”
“I think the most productive thing to do during times of change is to be your best self, not the best version of someone else.”
“The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there.
People will follow.”
“Our job is to make change. Our job is to connect to people, to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them.”
Share this Information to increase Your Influence
Share this page with your network to increase your Influence. Then explore the additional Coaching Information from some of the world’s top experts. Click the links below:
Books by Seth Godin
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable, by Seth Godin, 2002
- This is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn To See, by Seth Godin, 2018
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin, 2010
- The Dip, by Seth Godin, 2007
- All Marketers Are Liars, by Seth Godin, 2005
- Permission Marketing, by Seth Godin, 1999
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? by Seth Godin, 2012
- What to Do When It’s Your Turn (and It’s Always Your Turn), by Seth Godin, 2014
- Small Is the New Big: And 183 Other Riffs, Rants, and Remarkable Business Ideas, by Seth Godin, 2006
- Leap First: Creating Work That Matters, by Seth Godin, 2015
- Hazlo! / Poke the Box, by Seth Godin, 2012
- Meatball Sundae, by Seth Godin, 2007
- Free Prize Inside: The Next Big Marketing Idea, by Seth Godin, 2004
- V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups, by Seth Godin, 2012
- Unleashing the Ideavirus, by Seth Godin, 2000
- Whatcha Gonna Do with That Duck? by Seth Godin, 2012
- We Are All Weird: The Rise of Tribes and the End of Normal, by Seth Godin, 2011
- The Bootstrapper’s Bible: How to Start and Build a Business with a Great Idea and (Almost) No Money, by Seth Godin, 1998
- The Big Red Fez: Zooming, Evolution, and the Future of Your Company, by Seth Godin, 2001
- What Matters Now, by Seth Godin, 2010
- This Might Work: Collected Writings, by Seth Godin, 2012
- Survival Is Not Enough, by Seth Godi, 2002
- What Does it Sound Like When You Change Your Mind: Selected Writings, by Seth Godin, 2016
- Graceful, by Seth Godin, 2010
- Business rules of thumb, by Seth Godin, 1987
- Making Money on the Web: How to Bootstrap Yourself to Online Profits, by Seth Godin, 1985
- eMarketing, by Seth Godin, 1995
- The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook, by Jay Conrad Levinson and Seth Godin, 1994
Common Questions about Seth Godin
- How to contact Seth Godin?
- Seth Godin Twitter: https://twitter.com/thisissethsblog
- Seth Godin Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sethgodin/
- Seth Godin Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sethgodin/
- Seth Godin Website: https://www.sethgodin.com/
- How to access Seth Godin’s Podcast?
- Seth Godin Podcast: https://www.akimbo.me/
- How to access Seth Godin’s Blog?
- Seth Godin’s Blog: https://seths.blog/
“Strategies for Influence” explores and shares the BIG IDEAS from the Leaders of Influence that can help you with your Career, Business, and Leadership. Click on any of the links below to explore the Big Ideas that have influenced our work and culture.
Videos about Seth Godin
How To Reach Your Audience With Seth Godin
The tribes we lead – Seth Godin
Image Credit:Joi Ito [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]
You must be logged in to post a comment.