Elon Musk – Coaching Quotes and Tips
Elon Musk – Coaching Quotes and Tips – Summary
- Career Advice Quotes by Elon Musk
- Business Advice Quotes by Elon Musk
- Leadership and Management Advice Quotes by Elon Musk
- Elon Musk Biography
- Interesting Facts and Insights about Elon Musk
- Elon Musk Inspiration Quotes
- Books about Elon Musk
- Common Questions about Elon Musk
- Books Recommended Elon Musk
- Videos about Elon Musk
- Elon Musk Quotes
Career Advice Quotes by Elon Musk
“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
“There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live?”
“I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
“I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
“Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. Improves the odds of success.”
“MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies.”
“It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable.”
“Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson.”
“Life is too short for long-term grudges.”
“If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
Business Advice Quotes by Elon Musk
“If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.”
“When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.”
“Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time.”
“Great companies are built on great products.”
“Really pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. … Hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.”
“I think you should always bear in mind that entropy is not on your side.”
“The first step is to establish that something is possible; then – probability will occur.”
“Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people who do it as it is about the product they sell.”
Leadership Advice Quotes by Elon Musk
“Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
“People work better when they know what the goal is and why.”
“There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.”
“You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be… better.”
“It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.”
“My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.”
“It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.”
“Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.”
“Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.”
“(Physics is) a good framework for thinking. … Boil things down to their fundamental truths and reason up from there.”
“Most people can learn a lot more than they think they can.”
Elon Musk Biography
Elon Musk FRS (born 1971) is a technology entrepreneur, investor, and engineer. He holds South African, Canadian, and U.S. citizenship. He is the founder of SpaceX; co-founder of Tesla, Inc.; co-founder and CEO of Neuralink; founder of The Boring Company; co-founder and co-chairman of OpenAI; and co-founder of PayPal.
Musk has consistently ranked on the Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People. He has a net worth in the billions and is listed by Forbes Richest person in the world list.
Born and raised in South Africa, Musk moved to Canada when he was 17 to attend University. He then transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences. He subsequently co-founded Zip2, a web software company, which was acquired by Compaq for $340 million in 1999. Musk then founded X.com, an online bank. It merged and later that year became PayPal, which was bought by eBay for $1.5 billion in 2002
In 2002, Musk founded SpaceX, an aerospace manufacturer, and space transport services company. He helped fund Tesla, Inc., an electric vehicle and solar panel manufacturer, in 2003. His goals include reducing global warming through sustainable energy production and consumption and reducing the risk of human extinction by establishing a human colony on Mars.
Interesting Facts and Insights about Elon Musk
- South Africa: Elon Musk was born in South Africa in 1971.
- First S/W: Musk taught himself computer programming and at age 12, created a video game called Blastar, which he sold for $500.
- Canada: Elon Musk was 17 years old when he moved to Canada to attended college.
- America: Musk then moved to the U.S. to attend the University of Pennsylvania.
- California: Musk moved to California in order to begin graduate school in physics at Stanford University.
- Stanford: Musk left Stanford after just two days, deciding instead to take advantage of the Internet boom with a start-up.
- First Start-Up: His first company provided online newspapers with maps and business directories. He sold the company in 1999 for $307 million.
- PayPal: In 1999, Musk co-founded X.com, an online payment company that eventually became PayPal. It was later acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion.
- American: Elon Musk became an American citizen in 2002, at age 31.
- Tesla: Musk co-founded Tesla Motors, to design and manufacture electric cars.
- SpaceX: Elon Musk founded SpaceX to create and manufacture space launch vehicles, with a particular focus in rocket technology. His aim is to reduce the cost of space flight in hopes of expanding human life beyond Earth.
- Falcon Rocket: SpaceX Falcon rocket gets its name from Star Wars’ Millennium Falcon.
- Marriage: Elon Musk has been married three times.
- Bond Car: Elon Musk owns the custom-built Lotus Esprit submarine car from the James Bond film, The Spy Who Loved Me.
- Iron Man: Musk provided the inspiration for the Hollywood character Tony Stark who is the inventor of Iron Man.
- $1 Salary: Musk’s official annual salary for Tesla Motors is just $1.
- Giving Pledge: Elon Musk has signed the Giving Pledge, in which he promises to donate the majority of their wealth to philanthropic efforts.
Share this Information to increase Your Influence
Share this page with your network to increase your Influence. Then explore the additional Coaching Information from some of the world’s top experts. Click the links below:
- Career Planning
- Career Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Strategic Planning
- How to Develop and Create an Action Plan
- Change Management
- Leadership Skills
- Strategies for Influence
- Coaching from Entrepreneurs
- Coaching from Women of Influence
- Coaching from Asia Pacific Leaders
- Coaching from Investment and Financial Experts
- Coaching from the Management Gurus
- Peter Drucker
- Stephen Covey
- John C. Maxwell
- Marshall Goldsmith
- Michael Porter
- Clayton M. Christensen
- Roger Martin
- Don Tapscott
- Rita McGrath
- Gary Hamel
- Coaching from People of Influence
Books About Elon Musk
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, by Ashlee Vance, 2015
- Elon Musk and the Quest for a Fantastic Future Young Readers’ Edition, by Ashlee Vance, 2017
- The Space Barons by Christian Davenport, 2018
- Rocket Billionaires: Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and the New Space Race, by Tim Fernholz, 2018
- Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is Shaping our Future, by Ashlee Vance, 2016
- Elon Musk: Life Lessons With Billionaire Ceo & Successful Entrepreneur. How Elon Musk Is Innovating the Future, by Olivia Tomlinson (2018), by Anna Crowley Redding, 2019
- Elon Musk, A Mission to Save the World, by Anna Crowley Redding, 2019
Books Recommended Elon Musk
- Twelve against the gods, by William Bolitho Ryall (1929)
Video about Elon Musk
Elon Musk’s Starship Announcement – SpaceX
Best Of Elon Musk 2018
Image Credit: JD Lasica from Pleasanton, CA, US [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]