Indra Nooyi – Coaching Quotes and Tips
Indra Nooyi – Coaching Quotes and Tips – Summary
- Career Advice Quotes by Indra Nooyi
- Business Advice Quotes by Indra Nooyi
- Leadership and Management Advice Quotes by Indra Nooyi
- Indra Nooyi Biography
- Interesting Facts and Insights about Indra Nooyi
- Indra Nooyi Inspirational Quotes
- Books about Indra Nooyi
- Books Recommended by Indra Nooyi
- Common Questions about Indra Nooyi
- Videos about Indra Nooyi
- Indra Nooyi Quotes
Career Advice Quotes by Indra Nooyi
“I look at my job as a passion..as a calling..not as a job”
“You can be very, very competent..but if you’re not willing to speak out..have the confidence based on your knowledge..what’s the point?”
“I wouldn’t ask anybody to do something I would do my self.”
“Every year in consulting is like three years in the corporate world because you have multiple clients, multiple issues – you grow so much.”
Business Advice Quotes by Indra Nooyi
“The world is full of ideas today if we don’t do it somebody else is going to do it.”
“I’m very honest – brutally honest. I always look at things from their point of view as well as mine. And I know when to walk away.”
“The models you develop in one market cannot be directly developed in another market.”
“Large companies cannot be run by quarters but over a longer period of time.”
“I pick up the details that drive the organization insane. But sweating the details is more important than anything else.”
“Purpose doesn’t hurt margins. Purpose is how you drive transformation. If you don’t transform the portfolio, you’re going to stop top-line growth, and margins will decline anyway.”
Leadership Advice Quotes by Indra Nooyi
“The challenge of a leader is looking around the corner..and making the change before it’s too late to make the change.”
“Leadership is hard to define and good leadership even harder. But if you can get people to follow you to the ends of the earth, you are a great leader.”
“PepsiCo did not have a woman in the senior ranks, nor a foreign-born person who was willing to think differently.”
“If you don’t give people a chance to fail..you won’t innovate…if you wanna be an innovative company allow people to make mistakes.”
“Every morning you’ve to wake up with a healthy fear that the world is changing, and a conviction that, to win, you have to change faster and be more agile than anyone else.”
“It’s our job to draw the best out of everyone. That means employees must be able to immerse their whole selves in a work environment in which they can develop their careers, families, and philanthropy, and truly believe they are cared for.”
Indra Nooyi Biography
Indra Nooyi (born 1955) is an Indian American business executive who served as the CEO of PepsiCo for 12 Years. She has consistently ranked among the world’s 100 most powerful women. Nooyi joined PepsiCo in 1994 and was named CEO in 2006, becoming the fifth CEO in PepsiCo’s 44-year history.
Beginning her career in India, Nooyi held product manager positions at Johnson & Johnson and textile firm Mettur Beardsell. In 1980, Nooyi joined the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as a strategy consultant, and then worked at Motorola as Vice President and Director of Corporate Strategy and Planning, followed by a stint at Asea Brown Boveri.
Interesting Facts and Insights about Indra Nooyi
- India: Indra Nooyi was born in Madras, present-day Chennai.
- Girl Band: Indra Nooyi played lead guitar in an all-girls’ band when she was younger in India.
- Cricket: While in India, she cricket for sport.
- Education: Indra Nooyi holds a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Madras Christian College and a master’s in Business Administration from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, now Kolkata. When she moved to the U.S. she received an additional master’s, in Public and Private Management, from the Yale School of Management.
- CEO: Indra Nooyi was only the 5th CEO in PepsiCo’s 44-year history.
- PepsiCo: Nooyi has spent the past 24 years working at PepsiCo.
- Family: She is married to Raj K. Nooyi. They have two daughters and they live in Greenwich, Connecticut, U.S.
- Thank You Letters: As CEO of PepsiCo was to write more than 400 letters each year to the parents of her senior executives. She wrote the letters to the executives’ parents. “I wrote a paragraph about what their child was doing at PepsiCo, and I said, ‘Thank you for the gift of your child to our company.’”
- IT system: As CEO, Nooyi decided to overhaul PepsiCo’s IT system. To understand the technologies required, she read 10 textbooks cover to cover and had professors and experts on call to answer her questions.
- Work Ethic: Nooyi was known to work as many as 20 hours a day, often seven days a week.
- Indian Recognition: In 2007, Indra Nooyi was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
- Karaoke: Nooyi loves karaoke singing and has a karaoke machine at home.
- International Cricket: In 2018, the International Cricket Council (ICC), the sport’s global governing body, appointed Indra Nooyi as its first independent female director.
Share this Information to increase Your Influence
Share this page with your network to increase your Influence. Then explore the additional Coaching Information from some of the world’s top experts. Click the links below:
- Career Planning
- Career Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Strategic Planning
- How to Develop and Create an Action Plan
- Change Management
- Leadership Skills
- Strategies for Influence
- Coaching from Entrepreneurs
- Coaching from Women of Influence
- Coaching from Asia Pacific Leaders
- Coaching from Investment and Financial Experts
- Coaching from the Management Gurus
- Peter Drucker
- Stephen Covey
- John C. Maxwell
- Marshall Goldsmith
- Michael Porter
- Clayton M. Christensen
- Roger Martin
- Don Tapscott
- Rita McGrath
- Gary Hamel
- Coaching from People of Influence
Books About Indra Nooyi
- Indra Nooyi – A Biography, by Annapoorna, 2013
- Indra Nooyi – CEO of Pepsico, Paige V. Polinsky, 2019
Books Recommended by Indra Nooyi
- The Road to Character, by David Brooks
- “Beyond provoking valuable self-reflection and introspection, it sparked a wonderful discussion with my two daughters about why building inner character is just as important as building a career. In fact, the two go hand in hand—the moral compass of our lives must also be the moral compass of our livelihoods.” – Reviewed by Indra Nooyi, CEO, PepsiCo
Common Questions about Indra Nooyi?
- Is Indra Nooyi still CEO of PepsiCo?
- In 2018, PepsiCo Inc confirmed that Nooyi would step down as the CEO, however, Nooyi continued to serve as the chairwoman of the company until 2019.
- What was Indra Nooyi Education?
- Yale University – Yale School of Management – Master in Public and Private Management
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta – Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Madras Christian College – Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Is Indra Nooyi on LinkedIn?
- Yes her account is https://www.linkedin.com/in/indranooyi/, she has 721thousand followers
- Is Indra Nooyi on Twitter?
- Yes her account is @IndraNooyi, she has 75 thousand followers
- Is Indra Nooyi on Facebook?
- Yes her account is @Indra Nooyi, she has 60 thousand followers
- Does Indra Nooyi have a family?
- Indra Nooyi married Raj K. Nooyi, in 1981. Nooyi has two daughters. One of her daughters attended the School of Management at Yale. Forbes has ranked her high in the “World’s Powerful Moms” list.
Videos About Indra Nooyi
Indra Nooyi On Being One Of The Longest-Serving Female CEOs
Former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi’s Lessons In Leadership – Exclusive Interview
Photo Credits: World Economic Forum [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)]