John C. Maxwell – Laws of Leadership
John C. Maxwell – Laws of Leadership – Contents
- John C. Maxwell Biography
- Interesting Facts and Insights about John C. Maxwell
- Career Advice Quotes by John C. Maxwell
- Business Advice Quotes by John C. Maxwell
- Leadership and Management Advice Quotes by John C. Maxwell
- Books by John C. Maxwell
- Common Questions about John C. Maxwell
- Videos about John C. Maxwell
- John C. Maxwell Quotes
John C. Maxwell
John Calvin Maxwell is an author, speaker, and pastor who has written many books, primarily focusing on leadership and influence. His books have sold millions of copies, with several making the New York Times Best Seller List.
John C. Maxwell’s best selling books include “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”, “Developing the Leader Within You,” and “The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader”.
Interesting Facts and Insights about John C. Maxwell
- Born: Maxwell was born in 1947, in Garden City, Michigan, United States.
- Father: Maxwell followed his father into the ministry as an evangelical Christian.
- College: Maxwell completed a bachelor’s degree at Circleville Bible College in 1969
- University: Maxwell completed a Master of Divinity degree at Azusa Pacific University and a Doctor of Ministry degree at Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Spouse: John C. Maxwell married Margaret Maxwell in 1969.
- Churches: Since the 1970s, Maxwell has led churches in Indiana, Ohio, California, and Florida.
- Ministry: He is an ordained minister in the Wesleyan Church.
- Robert H. Schuller: One of his mentors was Robert H. Schuller.
- Crystal Cathedral: Maxwell preached at the Crystal Cathedral several times.
- Hour of Power: Maxwell has broadcast his messages on the Hour of Power television program.
- Leadership Expert: Maxwell is a leadership expert, speaker, and author. He is the founder of INJOY, Maximum Impact, The John Maxwell Team, ISS and EQUIP.
- Speaker: Maxwell has been a speaker to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, the United States Military Academy at West Point and the National Football League.
- Recognition: In 2014, Maxwell was named the No. 1 leadership and management expert in the world by Inc. Magazine.
- Author: Maxwell is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week best-selling author. He was one of 25 authors named to Amazon.com’s 10th Anniversary Hall of Fame.
- Website: https://www.johnmaxwell.com/
Career Advice Quotes by John C. Maxwell
“Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them.”
“The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.”
“Enjoyment is an incredible energizer to the human spirit.”
“Keeping score is for games, not friendships.”
“Growth inside fuels growth outside.”
“What you are going to be tomorrow, you are today.”
“The way you live your life today is preparing you for tomorrow. The question is what are you preparing for?”
“The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.”
“Growth is the great separator between those who succeed and those who don’t.”
“Good thinkers always prime the pump of ideas. They always look for things to get the thinking process started, because what you put in always impacts what comes out.”
“You must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.”
“Look at our society. Everyone wants to be thin, but nobody wants to diet. Everyone wants to live long, but few will exercise. Everybody wants money, yet seldom will anyone budget or control their spending.”
“The most talented do not always end up as celebrities, and those with less talent often do. Upsets are written into our history and occur around us every day.”
“It seems the older you get, the more life comes into focus.”
“Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.”
“Most People have a desire to look for the exception instead of the desire to become exceptional.”
“Speak the truth. Transparency breeds legitimacy.”
“A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose, a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve.”
Business Advice Quotes by John C. Maxwell
“The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.”
“If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it – young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous – is changed by it.”
“Remember, man does not live on bread alone: sometimes he needs a little buttering up.”
“Dreams don’t work unless you do.”
“Success comes to those who have an entire mountain of gold that they continually mine, not those who find one nugget and try to live on it for fifty years.”
“To add value to others, one must first value others.”
“You don’t overcome challenges by making them smaller but by making yourself bigger.”
“When the leader lacks confidence, the followers lack commitment.”
“Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.”
“If you start today to do the right thing, you are already a success even if it doesn’t show yet.”
“The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.”
“The higher you want to climb, the more you need leadership. The greater the impact you want to make, the greater your influence needs to be.”
Leadership and Management Advice Quotes by John C. Maxwell
“Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.”
“Great leaders always seem to embody two seemingly disparate qualities. They are both highly visionary and highly practical.”
“People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.”
“People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.”
“A leader who produces other leaders multiplies their influences.”
“A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.”
“A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.”
“People never care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
“Leaders who are effective are leaders who are disciplined in their daily lives.”
“As a leader, the first person I need to lead is me. The first person that I should try to change is me.”
“Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.”
“The challenge of leadership is to create change and facilitate growth.”
“The measure of a leader is not the number of people who serve him but the number of people he serves.”
“There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. ‘Good pride’ represents our dignity and self-respect. ‘Bad pride’ is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.”
“Teamwork makes the dream work, but a vision becomes a nightmare when the leader has a big dream and a bad team.”
“Real leadership is being the person others will gladly and confidently follow.”
“Anyone can steer the ship, but it takes a leader to chart the course. Leaders who are good navigators are capable of taking their people just about anywhere.”
“If you can’t influence people, then they will not follow you. And if people won’t follow, you are not a leader. That’s the Law of Influence.”
“A leader is great, not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others.”
“A word of encouragement from a teacher to a child can change a life. A word of encouragement from a spouse can save a marriage. A word of encouragement from a leader can inspire a person to reach her potential.”
“If you really want to be an uncommon leader, you’re going to have to find a way to get much of your vision seen, implemented, and added to by others.”
Share this Information to increase Your Influence
Share this page with your network to increase your Influence. Then explore the additional Coaching Information from some of the world’s top experts. Click the links below:
- Career Planning
- Career Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Strategic Planning
- How to Develop and Create an Action Plan
- Change Management
- Leadership Skills
- Strategies for Influence
- Coaching from Entrepreneurs
- Coaching from Women of Influence
- Coaching from Asia Pacific Leaders
- Coaching from Investment and Financial Experts
- Coaching from the Management Gurus
- Peter Drucker
- Stephen Covey
- John C. Maxwell
- Marshall Goldsmith
- Michael Porter
- Clayton M. Christensen
- Roger Martin
- Don Tapscott
- Rita McGrath
- Gary Hamel
- Coaching from People of Influence
Books by John C. Maxwell
- There’s No Such Thing as Business Ethics (There’s Only ONE RULE for Making Decisions), 2003
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, 2012
- The 5 Levels of Leadership, 2011
- Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently, 2010
- Put Your Dream to the Test, Thomas Nelson, 2009
- Leadership Gold: Lessons I’ve Learned from a Lifetime of Leading, 2008
- Today Matters, 2004
- Thinking For a Change, 2003
- Your Road Map for Success, 2002
- The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork, 2001
- How Successful People Think (originally published as Thinking for a Change), 2009
- Intentional Living: Choosing a Life That Matters, 2015
- Developing the Leader Within You 2.0, 2018
- Failing Forward–Turning Your Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success, 2000
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, 1998
- Developing the Leaders Around You, 1995
- Developing the Leader Within You, 1993
- Be a People Person, Cook Communications, 1989
- Be All You Can Be, 1987)
- Make Today Count, 2008
Common Questions about John C. Maxwell?
- What does John C Maxwell do?
- John C Maxwell. is a well-known author, speaker, leadership guru and pastor.
- Maxwell has been a speaker to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, the United States Military Academy at West Point and the National Football League.
- Maxwell was named the No. 1 leadership and management expert in the world by Inc. Magazine.
- Maxwell is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week best-selling author.
- Maxwell was one of 25 authors named to Amazon.com’s 10th Anniversary Hall of Fame.
- What is John C Maxwell’s net worth?
- John Maxwell’s net worth has been estimated to be over $10 million.
- How old is John C Maxwell?
- Maxwell was born in 1947, in Garden City, Michigan.
- How did John Maxwell become famous?
- Maxwell was a pastor for more than 30 years before devoting himself full time to speaking and writing. Three of Maxwell’s books have each sold over 1 million copies.
- Which of John Maxwell’s books have been Best Sellers?
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- Developing the Leader Within You
- The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader
“Strategies for Influence” explores and shares the BIG IDEAS from the Leaders of Influence that can help you with your Career, Business, and Leadership. Click on any of the links below to explore the Big Ideas that have influenced our work and culture.
- Good to Great
- Core Competencies
- Five Forces Analysis
- Culture Eats Strategy
- The Innovator’s Dilemma
- 10,000-Hour Rule
- 8-Step Process for Leading Change
- Emotional Intelligence
- Collaborative Consumption
- The Golden Circle
- Discovery-Driven Planning
- The Future of Work in the Social Era
- Permission Marketing
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Mass Collaboration Changes Everything
- Integrative & Design Thinking
- The One Minute Manager
- Evangelism Marketing
- Strengths-based Leadership
- Principles of Influence
- Lateral Thinking
- The School of Life
- Laws of Power
- The Lean Startup
- Think and Grow Rich
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Art of War
- The 4 – Hour Workweek
- What Color is Your Parachute?
- Lean In
- Leadership Courage
Videos about John C. Maxwell
John C. Maxwell’s Top 10 Rules For Success
How Great Leaders Embrace Change with John C Maxwell
Image Credit: Ministerio de Cultura y Deportes Guatemala [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]